2006-10-03

Note to Canadian Tire: Phone Calls are Cheap

When life refuses to throw a bone it can test even the most mild mannered person. It's been a rough couple of years to say the least. Catching a lousy break has been elusive. It seems the other guy is getting them all. Some days it just boils over and then you start over with a happy face like some moron with a lobotomy. It's been one of those weeks.

I went to Canadian Tire today. I needed a new battery for my car. For some reason, I had a brain cramp and could not remember if it was a 1.8 or 1.9 litre engine. I reached for my jacket and realized I did not have my cell phone with me. I asked the man behind the counter if I could use the phone for a quick second so I could find out and buy a new battery. He refused. He told me that the phone was not supposed to be used by customers. I proceeded to storm off. Something I have never done in my life. I had never lost my cool. Ever. Today, I guess was my first. Though no one would have noticed it as I didn't even bother to swear or tell the guy to suck on a lemon. It was more steam out of the nose and ears.

We have spent quite a bit a money at CT place through the years. Not to mention the poor service (and commercials) we've had to put up with. We've even tolerated that mysterious Scottish man who looks like Willy on 'The Simpsons' on their play money. Why, this year alone it exceeded $1 000 and here I had some cornball deciding it was against company policy to allow a client to use the phone? I just could not believe a corporation would be that small-minded. Oh, in all of this, they lost a sale.

Think about it. $100 (or whatever it would cost) down the tubes.

One thing is for sure. I ain't buying my battery or anything else at CT anymore. Am I being petty? Am I over-reacting? Perhaps. I'm not sure.

Screw you, Canadian Tire. Cheap bastards.

Hey, that felt kinda good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.