2007-08-24

I think I'll be giving Shtick a try...

Or is it Schick?

Remember that skit (sketch. Whatever) on Sesame Street? Yeah, you know the one:

"One of these things is not like the others, One of these things just doesn't belong, Can you tell which thing is not like the others By the time I finish my song? Did you guess which thing was not like the others? Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong? If you guessed this one is not like the others, Then you're absolutely...right!"

That's pretty much what went through my "mind" while I watched the latest Gillette commercial - the real shave a man can get.

Let's see. Tiger Woods - dominant. Roger Federer - dominant. Thierry Henry - uh, um.

Look, Henry is a graceful and excellent striker (as well as a tad annoying at times) but he's no dominant soccer player. He's no, cough, David Posh.

Anyway, couldn't they have found a better fit?

Like this guy? If there's anyone who could be a spokesperson for Gillette it's him. No? I shoulda gone into marketing and advertising.

2 comments:

  1. What's wrong with a bit of facial hair? Men who shave their faces have surrendered their manhood. They may as well chop off their balls and serve them with mayonnaise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you. Men are sooo girlie.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.