2007-08-26

Looking for Government Grants? Stay away from the Small Business Consumer Center

Well, I was had. Me. The Commentator - The Semi-pseudo-tator. I went on the advice of an aquaintance and let my guard down. I've never been swindled before.

In fairness to me, it wasn't 100% foolery but it may as well be. I let myself be mislead because I was blinded by the trust I had for someone. For this, I'm out $400.

The Small Business Consumer Centre is one smooth operation and its salespeople slick. In order to pass this off you need a fully integrated work force that shares your evil values. The SBC passes itself as a government plan that helps entrepreneurs get "grants" from the Federal government.

I called Industry Canada to ask about a grant thinking they were part of SBC. After the agent on the other hand took a couple of moments to regain his composure after laughing so hard, he was very helpful. "'Uh, sir. We don't give grantsout anymore. It's not politically popular." Of course not, heaven forbid you help out new, small and medium entrepreneurs and businesses. Wouldn't want to upset the masses on this.

Anyway, he informed me what the SBC were all about.

Blush. It was a first for me. "Bastards!" I yelled out in my backyard. The agent told me, I can try and get my money back but this happened two years ago.

All these revelations help to explain why the video they sent me was so horribly low budget while the actors giggled as they "acted." No kidding, they were laughing at me: Ka-ching!

Learn from this people. Take from my humble experience. Be the wiser! Never, ever let your guards down. There are too many profiteers out there (and this inlcudes the multitude of political ones and internet "gurus" who push an agenda). Whenever you are being charged for something under the guise of representing the government let your gut guide you.

Call the government to confirm anything.

It could save you money.

3 comments:

  1. Nice post fot those people who is looking for Governmrnt Business Grants thanks for helpful post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for such huge information about grant funding. I am also provide this service but this blog give me a wonderful information of grant application.

    Apply for Grants

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, relevent and a very informative post relates to grants i would like to gives the thanks for sharing this post which can gives the help to find Government Grants for Small Business.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.