2007-09-15

The Montreal Expos live on in strange places

We get pretty decent Major League Baseball coverage here. The Toronto Blue Jays get the priority but if they are idle or play on the West coast, the sports network do a good job of broadcasting other games. I've had my share of Dodgers, Angels, Tigers, Cubs, Yankees etc. games. Go Dodgers by the way.

We also get the Boston Red Sox. In watching Red Sox home games I've observed a curious but interesting image. Right behind home plate I always see someone wearing either a Montreal Canadiens cap or Montreal Expos. And I could swear there are not always the same person. I could be wrong.

Nonetheless, odd to see this right in the heart of Red Sox nation in a pretty tough sports town like Boston.

That's my sports observation for the there. As you were....

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you follow the Dodgers. So do I. I am a winter soldier in the ranks of Dodgers supporters. I would like your opinion of this morning's article by Bill Plasche in the Los Angeles Times in which he says,

    Don't write Kemp's name in ink in the 2008 lineup; Dodgers might be willing to trade young slugger for a veteran in his prime.

    If you can't access it, I'll break one of my rules and attach the whole thing to this thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pragmatic to me. Look, if you're stacked with youngsters and you feel one is not "professional" enough or is expendable then so be it. Sports are often about getting the little things right.

    You need experience on a team and if Kemp can fetch a strong veteran I would not be against it. They already seem to have a strong young corps in place. Think Brian Burke in Anaheim with the Ducks.

    The question the for Dodgers fans is whether Coletti and Little are up to the task.

    That was some September meltdown. Now, I must profess I did not see a whole lot of Kemp or Ethier or Loney to judge the "little things." Saw more Martin and Billingsley though. Wolfe was injured most of the year as you know. But I have kept up as much as a lonely heart in Montreal can regarding the Dodgers.

    Hey, A-Rod would have been a nice fit but I guess the Cubs are making the most noise to get him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Bill Plasche and Jeff Kent. They are both quality people. But I think the former has misplaced faith in the latter. It's Kent's time to move on. These kids the Dodgers have are worth hanging on to.

    As far Little and Coletti, and how close they work together, thgere was a nice little joke in the LA Times yesterday, but I haven't time to link it up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kent is indeed a quality player. At least he had a better year than Nom-ah. Juan Pierre ain't too popular in LA.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.