2008-03-03

Clarence Thomas Is In The E Street Band?

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band live in Montreal.

I'd be surprised if they didn't make a DVD out of this one. The energy in the building was that overwhelming.

To be frank, I'm not going to write a review about the concert. What can be added to what has already been said about one of rock's all-time great performers?

I will say one thing, no musician works as tirelessly or enthusiastically to keep his fans involved in a concert. He makes it a special point to interact.

However, I will talk about the music review in the Montreal Gazette. I don't generally read much of the paper let alone the music section however my wife pointed me to something.

Namely, the writer - one T'cha Dunlevy - got his Clarence's mixed up. The one in the E Street Band is Clemons. I have no idea how Clarence Thomas was allowed to make print.

If I have to hear ONE more journalist, editor or commentator smugly point to the lack of editorial standards among bloggers I will always point to this ridiculous oversight.

Note: One day after the error still no acknowledgment by the Arts & Life editor Mark Tremblay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.