2008-03-12

Question of the Day: Is it better to be specialized or a creative generalist?

Picked this up on a site called Wishful Thinking.

Very interesting stuff. Many of thoughts expressed here did flutter across my brain from time to time.

This is a classic question and one in which has left me with numerous thoughts and reflections muddled in my mind. I should one day get around to jotting it all down.

I am definitely a creative generalist with one caveat - I have a mean realistic streak in me. What this has done is prevent me to allow the "dreamer" side of me to direct me. Conversely, when I was in the "real" world with a "real" job that made me specialized there was another side of me trapped inside screaming to get out.

1 comment:

  1. I believe it was JFK who said, Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.