2008-04-27

I Hate Bike Paths

I can only speak for the bike paths in those parts of the city I use. Whether it is indicative of other larger bike paths I will not say - though I have my suspicion it's pretty much the same everywhere.

A recent example saw a couple walking each using a lane. The man saw me coming but refused to move. I had to leave my lane into the street to avoid him. It was amazing.

It never ceases to amaze how oblivious people are on bike paths. Either they are taking up both lanes without a concern or they're blocking it by having conversations. They seem to be unaware that there are basic rules of etiquette on the bike paths. Drivers are no better. They seem unwilling to wait those extra few seconds to make sure there are no pedestrians or bikers on the path. Instead, they choose to "beat" them and roll through the stop.

I seriously could write a book of all the social infractions I have witnessed. Alas, I never have a pen and notepad handy.

I'm sure there will be many this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.