2008-05-07

Looks Like Canada Ain't So Green

Here's an article from the CBC about Canada's Green Ranking.

I wonder (not really) what Al Gore thinks about this. The only footprint I know is the one my father gave me up my ass when I defiantly and disrespectfully disobeyed him one time.

Anyway, not sure what to make of this study that has Canada second to last among countries in a green survey. But this quote from someone critical of the study makes sense I suppose:

"It's not because we Canadians are bad people. It's not because we're not acting on our beliefs, because we're somehow superficial.… It's not because of any of those things. It's because our society is set up in such a way that we are prevented on our attitudes and our beliefs which are generally pro environment in this country."

Maybe we're just practical and pragmatic people?

Just thank our lucky stars that we're not up against non-industrialized African countries. Then we'd really look bad. There's no way a good chap from Canada could compete during the bitterly cold, wintry months with those who live outside in warm weather all year round expunging little energy.

Then again, we don't have a jaglava problem.

2 comments:

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.