2008-06-17

I'm Still A Fan Of Magazines

I'm a big fan of magazines. Print media is not dead for me. If you're like me, you just can't get used to reading text online often resorting to printing an article. - a process that wastes your ink cartridges and time. It can even be stressful if you're doing it at work and don't want to get caught printing the latest Star, PC or Consumer Reports piece. Recently, I've been looking to sign up with a few magazines. Yeah, I'm one of those guys who carries around a rolled up magazine either in my hand or back pocket. Although you can't really do that with booklet-style magazines like The American Scholar.

The only reason I haven't committed to one is because in addition to being indecisive, I want to subscribe to over nine publications and I just can't justify this. It especially becomes harder using Magazine City. Magazine City offers cheap magazines at various discounts. If you're in the market for a magazine subscription check the link below. I'm not responsible for anything else that happens - like several subscriptions not cleared by the house accountant - i.e. your wife.

[MagazineCity.com]

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/18/2008

    Me too, I still subscribe to more than I can keep up with. Good post, thanks.

    livelife365.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/18/2008

    I must admit I too still subscribe to magazines, the content of which I could probably read on the internet .

    There's something about reading a book or magazine which is more satisfying than looking at a screen . The trick is keeping the house accountant in the dark !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6/18/2008

    I'm with you on magazines although I only subscribe to three: Time because of the U.S. elections; Maclean's because it covers Canada pretty well; and the Tablet, a progressive Catholic journal out of London, England, because it is simply the best in the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tablet? Interesting.

    Ever consider First Things, Neil?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The electronic Tablet is available by subscripion only. A bit too 'churchy' for my taste.

    The Dodgers do suck. Injuries will always create that sucking sound.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.