2008-08-10

Canadian Innovation A Laggard

Here's an absolutely outstanding blog post from Brandthroposophy (I had to stare at this to make sure I avoided misspelling it) about branding and innovation - or the lack thereof here in Canada. I found this while researching a blog post about the Italian fashion industry for e-Talian. I decided to cross-post. Is that what they call it?

Anyway, the article goes into the (Giovanni Battista) Giorgini Principle (the man who established an indigenous Italian fashion industry 57 years ago. Once a copy-cat world, the Italians pushed France aside and became the standard by which all great fashion design was measured) and is well-worth the read.

Ironically, I do feel there are some analogies between Quebec and Italian culture. Something tells me the Italian business model would suit Quebec's artistic soul quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.