2008-08-20

How To Describe...

The Liberal party of Canada: When there's a problem talk about introducing a tax. The only time they like the word "private" is when it suits their little pockets.

Speaking of being allergic to privatization, I was driving around town and noticed that Anne Lagace Dawson (she's a radio host on the CBC) is running for the NDP. I looked at the picture and smiled. Of course the NDP! Would anyone at the CBC ever work for the Conservative party?

Getting back to the Liberals, astronaut Marc Garneau is running to join their ranks. Garneau is a decent fellow from what I can tell and obviously an accomplished individual. Which got me thinking. The Liberals have mastered the art of positioning themselves as the "middle" and "moderate" party. I would submit "mediocre" as well. For them , empty rhetoric dressed in passionate expression is enough to win votes. I already told family and friends dear to me that if they ever vote for Justin Trudeau I won't be speaking to them.

Moving on to something else. How to describe Montreal's English language sports radio at the Team 990? Let's just say there are way too many inexperienced (in some case unqualified) people who have not spent enough time in the trenches hosting shows.

While it has its bright spots here and there, it feels too much like an alternative sports station run by interns. Mind you, it's not worse than the mess at The Gazette sports pages. Dudes, GET SOME FRESH BLOOD IN THERE.

Anyway, if there was a word I would use in addition to presumptuous and bitter it would be nostalgic. Bitter about everything to the point of engaging in pointless Toronto and American bashing. Nostalgic because the loss of the Expos has had a real impact on some in the city.
The presumptuous part is harder to describe but it's an instinct I get. I could add confusing sophistry but now I'm getting too detailed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.