2008-09-01

Remembering Warren Zevon

"I might have made a tactical error not going to a physician for 20 years. It was one of those phobias that didn't pay off." Warren Zevon's way of describing being diagnosed with lung cancer on David Letterman. He also made the "enjoy every sandwich" comment with Letterman.

How...Zevonic.

Hard to believe but the five year anniversary of his death is already around the corner - on September 7 to be exact. "Lawyers, Guns and Money" is one of those songs I've never tired listening to. Watch an acoustic version here and a superb tribute and cover of the song by The Wallflowers featuring Jordan Zevon here. Other favorites for me include "Poor, poor pitiful me," "Mutineer," and "Things to do in Denver when you're dead" and the beautiful "Keep me in your heart."

It's horribly unfortunate I'll never get to see this hilarious human werewolf live.

My first Zevon album I ever bought was Excitable Boy. A live version (in New Jersey I think) of the title song for your viewing experience...on the house:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.