2008-10-03

Vice-Presidential Debates

No time to write about the Vice-Presidential debates but (without verifying the facts) all in all both Senator Biden and Governor Palin put in (relatively speaking) decent, skillful performances.

I think Sarah Palin, in particular, hung in well. Biden is a known quantity so there's not much to say.

Ok. A couple of hours later and I'm back.

Look, I know people who are dead set against Palin will never give credit where credit is due under any circumstances but Palin was far from incompetent. Yeah she left me squeamish (enough already with the "maverick" spiel) in parts but she never collapsed.

Palin made it difficult for a seasoned speaker like Biden to corner and nail her (excuse the pun) but she never really knocked him out either. Nonetheless, given Biden's experience he never delivered the "embarrassing" knock down. One would have to give the edge to Palin for this reason alone.

Still, on a tribal level, there's a certain tone to her voice and style to her mannerisms (how could you not love a chick that winks at the camera?) that probably resonates greatly with Americans.

I'm not sure how much of an impact VP debates have on any election (probably little) but the Palin factor certainly made this one interesting and I think Biden navigated through this as best as he could.

Factually, not surprisingly, neither candidate was overly accurate: Factcheck.org.

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I chose to watch to watch the Dodgers from 1st to last pitch Thursday night. All of the replays of the debate indicate to me that even the Cubs fielded better than Palin. (For Chicago, there was an error at each infield position.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny.

    Yes, the Cubs were bru-tal. They choked.

    I would submit Palin fared far better. No real unforced errors. In fact, I think Biden is probably kicking himself today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I might add that the umpires called a better game than Ifill. Or was she pitching? Softballs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Something's wrong with your new template, Lefty. It's truncating the names of the commentors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see that. Thanks for mentioning.

    Shouldn't you be watching the Dodgers?

    ReplyDelete
  6. U mean the omigododgers! I watched every pitch.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.