2008-11-16

Quebec Tire Laws

I should have commented on this a while ago but I neglected for some reason.

Personally, I see the rationale: Force winter tires and reduce accidents.

Practically, it's another short-sighted way of expanding the nanny-state. Nobody I know ever failed to use proper tires. Given Quebec's harsh winters it boggles the mind how people would not use proper tires.

My interpretation is simple: adjust your driving to weather conditions. Too often I see people fail to do this and I don't see how making winter tires mandatory will change the psychology of our (poor) driving habits.

I've used both winter and four seasons. I never had a problem with four seasons; especially on front wheel drive cars and trucks.

But in our finite wisdom we decided yet another layer of bureaucracy to protect us was needed. Not only that, I'm sure there's a sweet racket in there for some.

When can I go to the bathroom, Mr. Government?

It's all so, erm, tiresome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.