2008-12-30

Rockets To Russia - Make That Israel

Maybe someone can help me. I admit it. I officially need help. After years and years and years of reading and talking about the Middle-East regarding Israel and Palestine, I no longer know what's up or down; down or up. I'm not so sure politicians, diplomats, terrorists,"experts" or the citizens and population of that region know either anymore.

There are literally several sides to the story. The truth, if there ever was one, is all but a myth now.

Most of the time, all we've got are personal instincts to guide us.

Maybe Israel is not an angelic nation (who is?) who has perpetuated some unfortunate incidences (1982 comes to mind) in the past, but it is the only functional democracy in the region. It is a pariah at the UN and can not rely on any nation (except the United States) to side with it. At least, you can reason with them. How do you reason with terrorists? Oh yeah, I forgot. Israeli's are terrorists too.

The protagonist (or is it antagonist?) Hamas (a terrorist organization to us and a legitimate party to Palestinians) keeps launching rockets into Israel.

Forgetting all the baggage surrounding the madness, it seems to me that if you throw a punch you should expect retaliation. In sports, the person who retaliates almost always gets caught and penalized. So in this way, Israel should expect to be condemned publicly. However, at some point someone will have to call the provokers (and I say this aware of Israel's ploys that include cutting off water to Palestinians) bluff.

I truly question the methods used by Hamas - and let's face it, they're nuts. I can't possibly see how their actions are productive. I just can't.

Will someone help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.