2009-01-09

More Words And Phrases I Detest

"Stimulus package."

Which really means "mucus leakage."

I don't know what that means but it sounds like I made one of those "I don't get it so it must be smart" comments.

Back to stimulus package. Whenever I hear that I envision a government official administering heroin to a citizen. We all know what drugs do.

This idea that government is the answer, as Obama believes, is deeply rooted in the mindset. I always laugh to the point of straining my orbs when the government talks as if it's an agile business. Again, I use Obama (boy January 20 can't come fast enough) who says "quick action" is needed to deal with job losses. Quick action? Really? From a bloated bureaucracy?

Hey, if they think more regulation, nationalization, bail outs and other assortments of econo-mancy is needed all the power to them. Just don't pass it off as "change."

Stimulus package. Funny guys.

Speaking of bureaucracy, Quebec is one gigantic bureaucratic machine. Someone I know (hint, she lives with me) is a teacher. Let me tell you, to get official documents from her school board takes weeks. And I'm not talking complicated requests; just simple, straightforward stuff.

Me: I need a piece of paper.
Them: Ok. No problem.
Me: Great please fax it to me or send an attachment by email.
Them: That won't be possible.
Me: Why not?
Them: Sorry.
Me: Fine. I'll just come and pick it up.
Them: Haha. Funny guy. We'll mail it.

Click!

Everything seems so cumbersome.

2 comments:

  1. It's all about marketing ideas to folks. Learn to think for yourself, people, and not follow along with everything like sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wise words.

    But how to do so when the wrong message has become the rule? Government intervention has become an article of faith now. Especially with the alleged failure of capitalism.

    People are more informed but are they critically assessing it?

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.