2009-02-04

National Budget: Bigibberishship



Yeah, about that budget.

Yeah.

Right.

In an earlier post I referred to the current session of parliamentarians as sluts with access to money.

After watching them pat each other on the back for a "job well done" it left me to ponder my life; my existence. Here are a bunch of, let's call them "politicians" congratulating themselves for essentially abandoning their principles (assuming they have any) under the guise of bipartisanship. That wasn't bipartisanship, that was one lousy party flexing its muscles with an unelected leader and the other bending over for it in order to merely survive.

Anyway, if this is what passes as "bipartisan" then it's as over rated as 'Sex in the City.' I know, the show is finished. I couldn't come up with an alternative. If the conservatives and liberals were to define their sexual orientation it would be "bisexual" with the Liberals acting like the Drama Queens - and the NDP as the gimps. I just had to add that in there.

I ask Mr. Harper what's the point of your existence now? Where in the world do you stand for conservative values after that budgetary performance? Ooo, did the Liberals pull a good one on you. All that money is going nowhere fast, wink, wink, if you get my drift.

Better the cash goes to cronies than the citizen. Such is the courageous Canadian solution to our economic confusion.

For the record, if I hear one more person say Canada is under the sway of "conservatism" I will, I will, break my pencil and exclaim, "aargh!" very loudly...and politely or course. I'll do it while biting into a Coffee Crisp.

True classic conservatism doesn't exist in Canada. If it does, I would like for someone to point it out to me.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/05/2009

    You are right, Commentator, Canadians are too wise and too shrewed to be pure Conservative or pure Liberals. We have always been kind of a median between extremes. I love us for it

    ReplyDelete
  2. But still, I would prefer our leaders take a side. It shows moxy. If you want to be a fiscal conservative then be one.

    Iggy and the liberals annoy me with the notion the tories have to "report to them." You want power? Earn it. In the meantime, step aside and let Harper govern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/05/2009

    Oh! I see what you mean. I'm sorry that once again the liberals have kept harpoon in, even on a short leash. They should have voted him out...even though the budget, at first sight,, was not easy to vote down. A closer look shows it's a lot of hot air, with so many escape hatches that the balloon did not even inflate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Either way, I don't belong to any party. It's just disappointing they don't stick to their beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/05/2009

    Here I agree with you. Although I have liberal sympathies, I am not a card carrying member nor a suscriber.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.