2009-04-29

Don't Take Xanax In Texas And Get A Free Get Out Card For Crimes In Quebec

When I read this, I realized just how stupid, insipid and ignorant people can be. I feel for this teacher. She was "charged with drug possession in a drug-free zone". All this stress and humiliation for TWO XANAX PILLS?

"Harris County Assistant District Attorney Joe Vinas said he dismissed the charges after deciding he could not prove the case against Herrick beyond a reasonable doubt."

No! Really? What a miscarriage of justice! Put her away for good! What's disturbing to me, a person's standing in the community seems to carry little weight anymore.

Surreal and sad at the same time.

Peter Niedzielski: Remember this name. He may be the tipping point where citizens once and for all rally to put an end to court rulings that protect criminals. At least, this is what I hope.

This person should BE IN PRISON. I don't care he took the steps to "rehab" he must first serve time and then society will determine if he's ready. He did the crime now he has to pay the consequences. Simple as that.

Like the judge who overturned a father's decision to punish his daughter, Judge Isabelle Rheault is continuing the insane push of removing personal accountability for one's actions. Rheault has failed us here. I don't know what the rules or procedures are but SOMEONE has to step in and appeal this case. I also demand she be removed from the bench.

Which begs the question: Should judges be elected? If they're going to make horrible decisions which effect us all, then they must be held accountable with the public they serve.

2 comments:

  1. Paul Costopoulos4/29/2009

    Up to eletting the judges I followed you rather easily but I parted ways at that point. I'd rather have our system than the American one.
    Look around and you will see that our judges are not so bad and a panel of their peers can and does review their actions...and removes some when necessary. Most resign before getting to that point however.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then, I hope her peers judge her.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.