2009-04-25

Links: Molester Gets $4 Million; Environmental Expert Wants To Cap Humanity; Not Even Latin Can Make Dignitas Digestable

In the "wow" portion of this blog...just wow.

Other links of interest:

Jonathon Porritt Is not a guru of any kind; he's a douche. Population control, however you describe it, is evil. Anyone who posits this in the name of protecting the environment should be ignored outright. They call this vision. I call it arrogance. Imagine that, playing God to protect the environment.

Now do you understand the police state is here? It comes in many forms and this is one of them.

Since we're on the subject of evil. Ever hear of a euthanasia group called Dignitas? Now you do. It's enough to send shivers down your spine. They call it dignity. I call it depraved. From wiki:

"Paul Clifford, 40, said the family had had a ‘terrible’ experience and likened the [Dignitas] flat where his mother died to a ‘backstreet abortion place’ with graffiti-covered walls. To add to his shock, when Mrs Coombes raised concerns that her son might struggle to cope with her death, a member of staff said he, too, could die at a ‘cut price’ rate. ... ‘He wanted us to go out of the room while he checked she was dead. We had to sit on a flight of stairs which stank of urine. ‘We went back in but two police officers, the state prosecutor and two staff and a medical examiner arrived. We were asked loads of questions, with my mum still slumped there, at the same coffee table, in her wheelchair. We were there for at least two and a half hours."

But imagine how much we'd save on the public health system! I'll tell you what, if saving cash for the public system means cutting down lives then it ain't worth squat.

Now think about what kind of world we'd have if these people ran it. Think it to its logical end.

Think.

Photos:

Bottom: Stephen Hawking: Drain on the health system?

Top: Ashley Hegi. Rest in peace my child.

5 comments:

  1. Paul Costopoulos4/26/2009

    No wonder you are so pessimistic and acidic. Do you ever read rejoicing material? These texts you propose are surely disheartenening but hey there are also good things out there, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the criticism, Paul.

    I'm neither pessimistic nor acidic - though some days I am. Ok, I can be acidic on some topics - But...

    My diet was once more acidic than alkaline but I've since adjusted. You want acidic wit? Check out the excellent Caledonian Comment (link on the side). Jim is a fabulous and fascinating read about all things British.

    In my humble defense, I'm probably one of the most varied blogs (in terms of topic and writing style) out there. It has no rhyme or rhythm - sorta. And this has hurt my traffic but I don't care. I find this site informative and fun.My goal was to attract smart people and with guys like you and MOR - among others who don't comment. I know who you are! - I'm proud to have accomplished that.

    Over two thousand posts have been spread out over so many topics and events I can't even keep count. It goes from arts and culture, personal and reflective all the way to, well, this. I've done it all.

    I posted the link in question because it's what came across my cyber travels and I feel these are important issues facing us. Is it better to ignore them? I think it's important to debate these issues. If you notice, I always link to outside sources for reading pleasure.

    But you raise a point that's been a topic for some time: Is the media too negative on purpose? What about blogs? The beauty about blogs is that there are literally millions and millions of blogs to the point it renders this question pointless.

    I've done my fair share of "feel good" stories. Just look at my published works about Luca Patuelli. In fact, I contribute to 'Exceptional Family.' Now I ask: would a pessimistic person write for such a publication?

    If I go too much on that side, I'll get criticized for it.

    Do I assert myself sometimes like I did here? Yes. Certain issues interest me and I will post them.

    But overall, I think my writing is more than balanced, controlled and dare I say, fucking funny sometimes!

    And yes, it's easier to be cynical and post bad stuff. No doubt about it. You have to work harder to find good stuff.

    If you notice, as I've done in a previous post, I try to introduce people to important academics who have written classic essays.

    Remember: I write for several blogs: Whoweare.ca, The Warehouse (link on the side), Moon Zuppa (which houses my satire which I should work harder on), e-Talian and Intersportswire. None can be characterized as pessimistic.

    As a matter fact, there's a message of hope in that post: Look at the photos. That's why I stand against assisted suicide in the form taken by Dignitas. If anything, I'm optimistic when it comes to humanity. I don't believe in pop. control and I believe in you and I to solve problems rather than the state.

    The truth is I don't know who I am.

    Besides, I have to distinguish myself from Neil's blog, right?

    ;<)

    See ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Costopoulos4/26/2009

    Be assured that you are nothing like Neil's blog and that you inhabit a niche all your own.
    I do agree that the medias are heavy on the negative and very light on the positive. Like sex, negative sells. As someone said:"Misery likes company" and I'd add: even if imagined.
    I once asked you, on Neil's blog, if you were doing anything besides blog surfing. I now have my answer: you write them all. Ah! Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes I wonder why I do it at all!

    I was in financial services for ten years. For the last couple trying to start a business. Tough. Very. The ride has been rough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paul Costopoulos4/26/2009

    Yes, it must have been. My two daughters are in the business sector, one with EDS of Canada an HP company, the other with Unipex a Québec company associated with a French concern. They love their work but the corporate atmosphere is rather heavy and the horizon is cloudy.
    My son is a tenured associate professor at McGill, safer but not easier.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.