2009-05-09

When Destiny Calls

Years ago I watched a football video, I think it was "Crunch Course", produced by Sports Illustrated (it came free with a paid subscription) way back in the mid 1980s. In it, there was a quote I still remember. A football player was asked to define courage, I forget who said it, and his response was "courage is when you're scared but you go anyway".

I don't know if Faron Hall, a homeless person, was scared when he jumped into the Red River to save a life. But I do know he "went in anyway" and in the process he didn't challenge fate and destiny. See video here.

All he wanted in return was to see a baseball game. This makes him alright in my book. Mayor of Winnipeg Mr. Katz, while I'm sure Winnipeg Goldeyes tickets are fantastic, why not give Hall MLB tickets? I'm guessing Minnesota Twins tickets.

What a remarkable human being.

He's simply the coolest guy in Canada.

3 comments:

  1. I whoheartedly agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, a face to the gentleman!

    What type of wine are you holding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a regular everyday wine, a cuvée Saint-Pierre that I drink with every evening meal. My prefers white.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.