2009-08-25

Charest: He Lives! Harper: He's Tough! Ignatieff: He's...Bope

I was beginning to wonder if Quebec had a leader at all.

Phew.

Jean Charest said earlier today he's willing to consider getting tough on white collar crime. No kidding.

Though I wonder where the Bloc, who simultaneously grab a Federal paycheck while advocating the break up of Canada, would be on such a scale. Or how about asking Canadians who live, say, in Alberta to pony up a subsidy tax to prop up parties like the Bloc. Heck, why should a conservative party supporter give their taxes to any party? It's democratic? That's pure bull.

Any. Way.

I'm for tougher sentencing. Canada is too soft on crimes that literally destroy lives. Financial advisor bilks a 65 year-old out of their life savings? Throw the effen book at him and find a mechanism to help pay back victims.

However, I'd rather see Quebec get tough on drunk driving offenses. We don't seem to take this serious enough.

***

I heard PM Stephen Harper talk all tough about Arctic sovereignty.

Yawn.

Where have I heard this before?

Show me the money! Show me how tough you are. Spend the resources needed to occupy and maintain a strong, if not poweful, Canadian presence. Stand up and act like men, Canada!

Let's do it! If we lose the Arctic what will we be good for?

Harpy, Harpy, he's our cold Arctic man, if he can't save it no one can! Well, except for this guy.

***

Someone asked me if I would vote Liberal if Ignatieff is there. I said, "Look into my eyes." But that went nowhere and I continued, "I probably won't be voting Liberal for a while. If not Ignatieff, one of the Trudeau boys will get in and they just ain't my bag of Orange Pekoe. You know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.