2009-08-24

Europe Lovvveesss Obama; Muslims Less So

I dunno.

I know the world is full of positive karmic energies regarding President Obama but the more I watch him on foreign policy issues, the more I wonder where's the tofu? Some argue his ways are "less arrogant" and "more progressive."

All I see is naive rhetoric.

According to a survey from the Pew Research Center, while Europe is getting down with Obama, the Muslim world is less than impressed - or at least not getting all the hype. So Europe loves Obama more. La-dee-daw. Let's party like it's 2099!

***

A kid comes running into the kitchen crying while his mother is, let's say, cutting celery for no apparent reason.

Kid: "Mom, I have a gash in my head!"

Mother: "Come here son and let me have a look. Hm. Let's put a band-aid on that!'

Kid: "But I'm leaking more blood than a drunk vampire!"

Mother: '"Shh. There, there. Who's your momma, huh?"

Kid: "You are?"

Mother: "Yes, now here's a super, duper, extra strongy, wongy plaster. All will be alright."

Kid: "O....k. I sure hope you're right, momma."

She looks out the kitchen window. She caresses the celery gently with her fingers.

Mother (mutters to herself): "I wonder if the kid needs stitches."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.