2009-12-16

Is The Criminal Justice System Stacked Against The Victim?

My wife's colleague at work is being stalked. Naturally, the cops said they can nothing about it. So she lives in fear.

Now, the stalker is emboldened. They know the law favors them in the early stages. Twice he tried to break into her house. Again, the cops can't do anything.

Until, Heaven forbid, she's hurt...or dead.

What are women to do?

***

Which brings me to this story in England. A man and his family were threatened with their lives by intruding criminals. The victims defended themselves and then some. They went to jail while the perpetrators went free.

Turns out the judge has a sad track record of lenient sentences for serious offenses. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link to my site, 'a poor thing, sir, but mine own'.

    Alas, I fear that we are not the only country to employ judges who would benefit from a spell in jail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem.

    It's quite a thing to watch judges interpret and make final judgments.

    That story in England is something else. I guess they did go overboard but what I can't get my head around is how the criminals escaped jail!

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.