2009-12-28

No Blue Potatoes Leave Me Singin' The Blues

All that meat, and no (blue) potatoes
Just ain't right, like green tomatoes
Yeah, I'm waiting
Palpatatin'
But all that meat, and no (
blue) potatoes

Ed Kirkeby and Fats Waller/ Slightly amended by The Commentator.

The other day I bought a bag of Cavendish 'Microwave Steamers' potatoes. It was a variety pack with yellow, red and blue flushed potatoes. I live dangerously. The excitement within me could hardly be
contained. They were going to go great with my Vidalia onion and sweet Italian sausage with honey dijon dish. And they were.

One problem. There were no blue potatoes in the bag! So I did something my mother was keen on but I never did. I called Cavendish. I asked in so many words, "what the fuck? No blue potatoes? What gives? Is this Ireland? Is there a shortage I'm unaware of? Damn it, why?!" I was told the customer service girl was on vacation until January 4 - now there's a gig - and that she would call me back upon her return. Until then, I had no choice but to chill.

Most of us, when we don't always get what we pay for, we just shrug and let it go. I know I do that a little too often. Not this time. I wanted my blue po-tay-toes!

I wonder what Cavendish will do. Maybe I should scream until, erm, I'm blue in the face?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.