2009-12-01

Scalia, Strauss and Bucatini

Came across this engaging article titled 'God as Justice' in First Things penned by Antonin Scalia.

Much to digest and hope to offer some insights at a later date.

***

I keep hearing the assertion "Leo Strauss is the founding father of neoconservatism." That's not correct. He may have had an influence, but as far as I can tell, he was a conservative who was essentially non-political. More likely closer to the truth, neoconservatism was a backlash by liberals (and conservatives) against the liberalism of the 60s and 70s.

Read more here.

***

I tried out a new dish today - bucatini with olive oil, lemon zest, parmiggiano and seasoned bread crumbs. It was very interesting. Next time I may add portobello mushrooms to it. 

Bucatini is usually served all-amatriciana (one of my favorite sauces) or with other heavier, creamier style sauces. 

I also use bucatini for aglia olio - a delicious Sicilian dish.


I know. No-no. I agree. It should be with spaghetti. Another dish we enjoy is spaghetti (or any long pasta) lovingly accompanied with garlic and rapini.


How did I end up here?






2 comments:

  1. Hello friend! I saw the link to your site from the other site, I never expected it was this beautiful! Your site's look-and-feel stands out! Really nice!! Keep it up!! I hope we can exchange links...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like tech sites. Where do you keep your links?

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.