2009-12-22

This Is Just Plain Wrong

In a few hours, like the rest of you, I'll be crying before baby Jesus celebrating the birth of the little guy. So orders of good cheer and funky vibes will conquer my soul.

But before that, I have to clear my mind of a EA Sportsactive (and Wii while I'm at it) commercial I saw on TV.

I couldn't believe my fucken eyes. People were talking about how pretending to jog, box or play tennis in front of a fucken television set was good for their health.

Have we become that fucking useless and lazy to hang our well-being on a video game?

Look, my nephews and niece have the Wii and it does make you move around. However, it's not a means to an end for fuck sakes.

All I kept thinking about during the commercial when the guy using the punching bag swore testimony about it helping him to lose weight was, "Why don't you go out and buy the fricken real thing?"

Go play tennis for real. Go jogging for real.

Active people don't need this sort of crap. Lazy losers do.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.