2010-02-07

Monsters And Harper Under My Bed

The criticism against PM Harper is less rooted in how Parliamentary politics functions (as I mentioned in an earlier post) and more cemented in people simply not liking the guy.

In my opinion, lousy and littered it may be, if the Liberals are voted in, I expect them to govern according to their core beliefs (don't laugh. Whatever they are). If the NDP get elected (I know, the Detroit Lions have a better chance of reaching the Super Bowl), I also expect them to govern free of "lack of balls" syndrome.

When the Conservatives were voted in, I welcomed it. Change is good. The Liberals are in power, what, 70% of the time? Regardless, I expect Harper to act like, well, a conservative. If not, what's the point of having party names? Let's all call them the red, blue and orange parties if we've become that pussy-whipped.

Question: Did Chretien govern "nice?"

It's funny. The logic that Harper has a minority and therefore must consult with the other parties has a weak point for me. The same can be said of a government that has a strong majority mandate. "Be nice, because it's not right to abuse your power!" We especially hear this applied to American leadership when it comes to world affairs.

Link to Christopher Moore's Canadian history blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.