2010-02-12

A Most Pleasant Experience

I had to go incorporate my company today. I went in with the full knowledge I may sweat and spend a couple of hours at the government office. It didn't start off too well but once the gal slowed down the pace of her French all was good.

She explained to me what forms I had to sign and that I could do it online on the premises. She directed me to the computers at the back and off I went. Within 30 seconds I was in trouble, 10 seconds later a man appeared asking if I needed a hand.

I was taken aback. Is this a government office? I looked around and saw that it was.

I accepted. What a god send. The whole process was fast and easy thanks to the gentleman. And he spoke fluent English to boot!

As he pointed to me where to fill information out, it became clear I wouldn't have been able to do this on my own. Or if I did manage to succeed, it would take me over an hour probably. I asked him if most people knew how to fill documents out. He answered in the negative.

If the government is going to involve itself to the degree it does, the least it can do be semi-efficient and in this case, provide optimum service.

I was out within an hour. With the extra hour I had set aside for the bureaucracy, I spent in a cafe with an espresso, a falafel sandwich and my Sudoku book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.