2010-04-19

CBS Poll On Tea Party

Like this CBS poll about the Tea Party. Interesting figures.

Hardly "angry, old, white, poor, racist men" trumpeted by hasty opponents. As I suspected, a little more complex. True, most are men and white but if this movement has any real traction that may moderate along he way. It's still too soon to tell if they're for real or just a temporary motivated organization.

Speaking of tea, I find the caffeine in tea sometimes keeps me up all night. It's more powerful than espresso. I'm sure some liberals are kept all night with the prospect of Palin riding on a TP or GOP ticket. To be honest, I understand their concerns.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/19/2010

    A recent NYT poll also revealed that the Tea Party crowd was more educated, certainly conservative, but also not quite the angry old White guy crowd they had hoped it was.

    It's still not my cup of tea. I'm the kind of GOP'er they don't really like, though I currently share their distaste for the rump and wreck that is the GOP leadership of today.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.