2010-04-21

Poet Emperor Wu Ti

An ode to a concubine:

The sound of her silk skirt has stopped.
On the marble pavement dust grows.
Her empty room is cold and still.
Fallen leaves are piled against the doors.
How can I bring my aching heart to rest?

Nothing like finding poetic inspiration in a mistress. I wonder what Emperor Wu Ti of the Han Dynasty would  have written for his wife.

She would wu-tee me with a delicate pinch that would send my soul directly to the gods above. Confucious says, she's a keeper.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/23/2010

    "I wonder what Emperor Wu Ti of the Han Dynasty would have written for his wife?"

    The sound of her bitching and nagging has stopped.
    on the un-taken out trash the dust grows.
    Her iPod is off, the battery dead.
    Fallen underwear and socks are piled upon the floors.
    How can I bring my lazy ass to collect and toss the empty pizza boxes?

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.