2010-05-28

Kids Selling Door To Door: Give Me One Of Each

I hate it when kids who come to my door selling stuff. I can't say not to a child who is trying to raise money to go play hockey somewhere or is looking to do good for some charity. The worse is when a former convict recently released from prison selling pitiful and useless things. You know, a pencil with a furry tip. Or a mini-flashlight that wouldn't sufficiently illuminate my dick. But hey, it's all about encouragement they say.

Why, just a second a go a guy came to my door selling stuff for La Fondation Canadien Espoir Jeunesse. Basically an organization that helps young people in distress be it abuse or general support. Again, when it involves the young, I help out where ever I can. I've been known to dish out even when I wasn't working and living off debt. Apparently, the concept of charity starting at home - whoosh!

Anyway, I bought a freaky $10 fruit and vegetable knife. I cook a lot and you can never have too many knives in the house. Unless you have other more macabre activities. The other stuff in his bag was way too expensive. $20 for oven mits? I only had a twenty and was just about to head out for a gelato. I had to buy something that left me enough dough so as to avoid going to the ATM. The knife was perfect. I swung it around like a Green Beret making stabbing motions and told him it would do.

As I handed him the twenty bucks he told me it was $11.29 with taxes. "They charge taxes?" I asked in French. He nodded. My guess is that they get some sort of government grant. Nothing like the government sticking it's god dang fat ugly fingers for such a noble endeavor. They managed to get a buck 29 off me. "Hang on, let me go and scrounge like a dirty rotten scoundreal for the 29 cents because I had no interest in waiting for 71 cents in change. That annoys me. Finally, I found it and handed it over to him. Of course, if it's a private enterprise then it would make sense.

The guy was happy like Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny singing in the Ozarks. I closed the door, changed out of my dress and headed for Canadian Tire.

1 comment:

  1. That was expensive! But sometimes, we just can't avoid being good. I just hope those kids really have something positive from that!

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.