2010-05-19

Ok. This Is Going Well

I began advertising for my day care. I had a great ad made on a plastic and I simply clipped it to the fence. In just two days I had over 30 calls and the place may be full quicker than I anticipated.

Prior to doing this the owner of the building asked me how I was going to advertise. When I told him I was considering taking an ad out in the local papers he told me to save my money. He suggested for a measely hundred bucks I can have a couple of ads made by a pro. In his mind, that was the best advertising because of the location of the center on a major boulevard. Within five minutes of putting the ad up with his son I got a call.

The beauty in all this? No cold calling. Here, the clients come to you!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5/21/2010

    Advertising to your audience is the key. If your potential customers are fairly local, the newspaper might actually be a huge waste of money, especially if that isn't where they are going to be looking for information about your service.

    I was never too pleased with the responses I got from ads in the newspaper back in my day as a hobby shop owner. Word of mouth, and the phone book were my best, followed and probably superseded over time by the relatively new Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right. Although I wonder if advertising works best for restaurants.

    Hobby shop owner? That's interesting. How long? Why did you get out of it?

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.