2010-05-30

Quotes Of The Day

French President Nicolas Sarkozy's wife/girlfriend Carla Bruni, unbeknownst to me, considers herself to be Italian:

"I'm not French at all," she said. "I don't have a French passport I have an Italian passport.



"I like to be Italian. I like the Italian temperament and I like Italian food. French people are in a bad mood for some reason, and Italian people are in a good mood."

How far off was Bruni with her comments?

Parisian dramatist Jean Cocteau once characterized his compatriots "as a bunch of Italians in a bad mood."

1 comment:

  1. Carla Bruni is Italian and a singer and an actress. Her name is Bruni-Tedeschi and she seemingly comes from small Italian nobility. I think her mother ios a countessa or something like that.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.