2010-05-26

Roller Blader Makes Dubious Decision

On my way back from the soccer match in the east end of the city I spotted a lovely piece of bull shitted stupidity. On Sherbrooke St. heading west toward Pie-Ix boulevard, on the North side of the street lies Lafontaine Park; Montreal's tinier version of Central Park. Blessed with large green spaces, trees and a bike path that runs roughly close to 4 kms, it's a green granola paradise. Yet, despite having access to a wonderful park, what do I see coming at me? A girl roller blading in the right lane on Sherbrooke st.

With the city going to war on drivers insisting they take public transit (without the proper infrastructure to match the rhetoric), we forget how pedestrians, bikers and roller bladers too tend to conveniently ignore or forget to adhere to traffic rules and road etiquette. I'm a former biker, I know how idiotic they can be. I used to ride my bike recklessly. 

More often than not, when the orange hand goes up, people ignore it outright. It's that kind of poor thinking that led the girl to dangerously decide to roller blade on a busy street.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.