2010-10-19

Justice In Ontario

Southern rocker Steve Earle apparently sells more albums in Quebec than anywhere else in the world (I might have mentioned this in the past). Interesting that. I saw him live in 1992. A gay man tried to pick me up right in front of my girlfriend at the time.

I digress.

Speaking of Ontario in a previous post, Earle wrote a song called 'Justice in Ontario' singing about the infamous lynching of the notorious Donnelly family. It's not everyday American singer-song writers tackle Canadian themes.

The video, however, uses the song about Native unrest and how raising the Canadian flag led to three arrests. I have no clue about the facts of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.