2010-10-16

Terrorism Still A Threat

I was at a party today and a social friend of mine was there. He works for the RCMP investigating organized crime (mostly gangs) and terrorism. He was also an air marshall for a while.

As I usually do, I asked him what's the word on the street. Obviously, he couldn't give me details but he did say "it's not hype" when I queried about the terrorist threat.

The problem is that surveillance for terrorist cells is tedious as you can literally go months if not years before a threat is in development because they're extremely patient. They're so well integrated into society it takes patience to wait them out. There's more action with gangs.

He also told me in addition to many legitimate threats never come close to making the news, it's very easy to set up in Canada. This is very well known abroad. Which doesn't surprise me given the center of importance we became for the mafia.

It's hilarious to hear people say the terrorist threat is exaggerated. Like they would pour all their (scarce and precious) resources into something that's not real.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.