2010-10-19

Total World Deaths

I love these resources. This one in particular is helpful.

It's in black and red too to add to the macabre atmosphere.

Number one killer: Heart disease and stroke. Biggest cancer killer? Lung. Lethal.

***

Just an off the hand observation that struck me. It probably means nothing (since tiny countries are also found), of the countries with populations of over 100 million, Japan is first overall and the U.S. is second; albeit in 30th. Mexico, China, Indonesia, India and Russia (in that order) are still further down the list.

3 comments:

  1. Impressive page. Non sapevo che l'Italia fosse così alta come aspettativa di vita, superiore per esempio alla Germania e all'Inghilterra. And I don't know why these days there are lots of posts in the blogosphere that regard death.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Non e un sorreisa per me. I Francese e Italiani anche forse Spagnolo hanno un dieta forte, non?

    I don't know why death is a fascination. It isn't particularly so with me but it is a subject almost taboo in North America. My wife in fact wrote her thesis on how children cope with death and how it's a topic not much discussed.

    She did it before Madonna did. I doubt Madonna has the psychological and educational training to deal with such subject matter.

    I digress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hai ragione. Mangiar bene può essere un fattore, chi lo sa.

    Death. Sarà un taboo in Nord America, però tutti parlano oggi di quel che è avvenuto alla Rutgers University e sul George Washington Bridge. Terribile storia.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.