2010-10-23

True North Strong And Ready To Fight

Zeus left a comment on my blog that has since been removed by some nefarious entity. However, he asked a question that at least merited a post. It brought me back to a class discussion we had in high school about Canadians who served in American wars - Korea and Vietnam most recently.

They also served in the American Civil War for various reasons.

Canada, despite being a colony with no empire baggage, had no problem raising soldiers in the 20th century.

***

On a side note, since I open the Quebec-South discussion, not too long ago, Canadians relied on American interpretations and facts to learn about their on history.

I reckon this began to change during the "cultural renaissance" and nationalist tendencies under Diefenbaker in the 1950s when a new generation of historians for Canadians by Canadians began to take root.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reviving at least part of the post! First I thought it crashed, then I thought it was posted twice. I deleted what I thought was the duplicate, but I seemed to have killed the thing.

    Send me whatever fragmentary part you have and I'll revise and put it out there again.

    In the meantime, would you please move to Wordpress?

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.