2010-11-22

Denial

I don't think people quite grasp the severity of the debt crisis. This is not something that will "just get better." Not without a fundamental change to our mindset.

That's how I see it anyway.

Hearing people talk about increasing taxes or spending as if these are the obvious solutions makes me nod my head in disbelief.

The problem, aside from Central banks, is letting entities get too big for their own good and then bailing them out. The problem is taking unnecessary risks with other people's money as the geniuses in government and banking did. The problem is with generous welfare states we can no longer afford.

We need to step back and rethink the whole fucking thing and I don't see that happening. All I see is bull shit "financial reforms" that don't address the main issues. "This time we'll be able to make sure we avoid bad practices." Nonsense.

Don't you see? The system is corrupted to its core with faulty premises.

 All I see is lip service by people who created the mess at which point they'll all continue to give each other jobs and high fives.

We're fools if we see say, "well, what else can we do?" or "if we don't do anything the system will collapse."

Good I say. Let it fall because it wasn't worth jack shit to begin with. All we did was give more crack to the crackhead.

Speaking of too big to fail, call me crazy but I don't see how anyone would want to run a business with more than 100 people. Why give yourself away? Why give up control to the market? I'm almost convinced it's better to not be listed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.