2010-11-08

Pelosi Out

You must be wondering why I'm going to talk about Nancy Pelosi given she was fired on November 2.

The reason why is because of one comment she made that should have made it on SNL. It's actually far more irritating than the "I can see Russia from my house" comment made by Sarah Palin.

Remember when she said "you have to pass health care reform in order to know what's in it?"

Yeah, well, dumb.

And she was the 3rd highest ranking liberal!

It's dumb because I'd like to see you react if someone says, "you have to buy the car to know what it's like" or "sign this paper to know what my services are like" or "if you want me to give you advice on your portfolio give me $500" or, in my business, "you have to sign my contract in order to really see what my school is all about."

"Trust me" isn't going to cut it.

You'd tell them they're fucking nuts and you'd demand more time to research or ask for more information. You'd want to build some trust and find out if you can do business with the person. In my case, parents must come to the school. Then we sit and have a chat and interview. Once they agree, it doesn't stop there. You have weekly meetings to ensure the quality of service is maintained.

You don't buy something in order to know something. It defies all consumer logic. Heck, it puts logic on its back.

That's why I posted about her.

***

If I have to hear one more time about how because Paul Krugman is a 'Nobel Prize' winner ergo he knows economics and ergo his advice to spend more be heeded, I'm gonna scream like fish in heat. What, fish scream and have sex. Do too!

Because you win an award doesn't mean you necessarily know the outcome of what you suggest. Past performances don't mean future similar results.

Nobel Prize winners, high finance and economics are sometimes a toxic mix.

All these guys seem to do is make money while losing it for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.