2010-11-22

The Pretend Gambler

I'm generally a decent office "poolster." I've won my share of hockey, NCAA basketball and football pools. Was ok with baseball but sucked at soccer though. Go figure.

Last year, I picked the right 'straight' winner in a friendly NFL pool 74% of the time. This year I decided to try against the spread. I missed one week but so far I'm 71-73 - almost 50%. I'd be well over that if five games didn't get stupid on me leading to my losing by .5 points. Effen Eagles against the Colts and Bills against the Lions.

Just thought you morons would like to know.

We'll see what the Alouettes do this coming Sunday in the Grey Cup in a rematch against the Sascratchmyass Roughriders - previously known as Sascratchmyballs. Ok, ok. Saskatchewan.

***

It's all luck by the way. Sure I have a "method" that can't possibly be articulated - some call it intuition - and I do glance at statistic but I don't let it decide who I pick. Stats can - and do - lie. Kinda like picking stocks I suppose.

Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.