2010-12-03

Day Care Update

We're inching closer and closer to our opening. Still lots of work to be done but everyone involved is excited. Today I was with my director and interior designers (who happen to be a high school friend and my sister; in fact the friend is my sister's sister-in-law. Follow?) choosing tiles and colors as I talked ruffian with the construction guys at the center.

At this point, the art is to not run out of money or hold on to what you have until you get more. Still waiting for an answer on a loan extension from the bank. I hope they don't drag it further. I need to make some decisions and other arrangements if they leave me dry.

On one side, I'm pleased and relieved because it looks like a January open is possible (three months after I wanted) but the anxiety of not knowing if we have enough to get to the finish line weighs heavy. It may come down to my asking for a small loan from friends and family members. Trying to avoid that for now.

The next thing we need to do is revisit our client list that's been building since May. In theory, the day care is filled - or near capacity anyway. But until I get the final signatures on the contracts, it's a stress. I'm very lucky the school is in a wealthy area and right by a train station.

Anyway, posting may be thin for a couple of days or weeks as I finalize this once and for all. There are many loose ends to consider.

Once open, I'll be back with a vengeance screaming, ranting and pulling a Scanners on all.

Until then, you'll just have to adjust to a life with a little less Commentator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.