2011-01-11

Intolerable Social Actions

I walk by child to school everyday. Even in the winter. I find the cold great northern wind therapeutic. Along the way, you observe the actions of people on the streets and those in their cars. At the cross walk, there still exists people in their cars not willing to perform a complete stop in a school area. That blows my mind. Everyone is in such a hurry. So much so, apparently, they're ready to take a chance on runnin over a kid.

Next, is the sidewalk itself. It's littered with people clogging the middle of the cross path. I think this is unaccepable social behavior. Parents kneel over and adjust their child's hat or school bag or negotiate with them while we are forced to go around them. Not always easy when there's 10cm of snow around you. Worse, they see they're blocking the path and still maintain what they're doing.

Finally, another bad habit parents have is standing talking to their kids or another parent at (in?) the doorway thus forcing the rest of us to either stare and wait for them to finish (I force my way through with an excuse which usually jolts them into reality) or squeeze around them. I love watching people frustratingly meander around such folks with a meek "excuse me." I'm sure with a "idiots" attached to that in their private thoughts. Again, no easy task to with an army of kids (who aren't exactly equipped with social politesse - naturally) are running through going to class.

To not be aware of those around you or to ignore it when you do is an inconsiderate action I choose to not tolerate.

Snap, snap. Wake up, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.