2011-02-21

Police Injustice

Don't try and tell me it doesn't happen. It does.

Police brutality article in The Mirror.

The question is, how frequent is it and does it matter?

***

Hey, just following orders. It's just my job, right?

"The crops we grew last summer weren't enough to pay the loans

Couldn't buy the seed to plant this spring and the farmers bank foreclosed
Called my old friend Schepman up to auction off the land
He said, "John, it's just my job and I hope you understand"
Hey, calling it your job, ol' hoss, sure don't make it right
But if you want me to I'll say a prayer for your soul tonight."



***

The problem? Speaking of credit. It's that there's an over reliance on these magical ratios the number crunchers focus on. "B-b-but our ratios show..."

The human element? Whoooosh.

2 comments:

  1. I don't understand how you can invoke Mellencamp and then not support the Wisconsin protesters. WTF?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are you getting this connection?

    The Bretitis virus is out of control.

    It was meant to connect to how CREDIT can lead to FORECLOSURES based on nothing more than RATIOS and how people claim "it's just my job" just like how excessive police force is sometimes justified.

    Snap, snap.

    I have a feeling my next subject can be about the Sun and Maria will wonder what the connnection is to Wisconsin.

    Enough about Wisconsin already. All I know about that state is it makes a lot of cheese and beer, Laverne & Shirley live there and it's home to the Green Bay Packers and Milwaukee Brewers.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.