2011-03-21

Nostalgia

I was talking to a friend the other night. I've known her since I'm five years old. She was telling me how she's entering a nostalgic phase in her life.

As she spoke, I thought of this song for some reason.



Thinking back and wondering about the years in music.

Funny. Used to look at the "17 has turned 35" line in 'Cherry Bomb' and figured I had all the time in the world. Tick, tick, tick.



She found it strange to be going through a moment of backward thought. If we knew then what we knew now...



And the she reminded me of how many girls (herself included) liked me growing up. I left a few on the table for sure. Man. That got me thinking.

About a couple of them anyway.

***

I know the some of the above weren't exclusively about nostalgia. But...

What is nostalgia anyway?

Different theories abound.

Not really. It doesn't like it's been explored enough among philosophers.

***

What are some music you know of using nostalgia as its main theme?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.