2011-05-29

Il Divo Film



Just watched 'Il Divo.'

If there's an international movie you're planning to watch, make it this one.

Fascinating, hypnotic, stylish, cool, outstanding music and excellent storytelling with a compelling plot about the sinister PM of Italy Giulio Andreotti. Definitely Italian.

Right off the bat, you realize not much has changed since the political intriue that was Republican and Imperial Rome and contemporay Italy.

Easily one of the greatest political movies I've seen in a long time - if ever.

Indeed a 'must see' for any political junkie and the readers of this blog.

Would I steer you wrong?

***

While in Paris, I met Andreotti's personal chef one night at my cousin's restaurant. I forget his name but he was dressed impeccably and had a flamboyant Milanese accent. Later I was told he was gay. I remember my cousin telling things about Andreotti that were not that far off what was told in the film. That same year, 1994, I met the deputy mayor of Paris who often visited my cousin's establishment. Why not? Awesome pizza.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you watched this film. An outstanding film with an awesome soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.