2011-05-16

Question

One thing I have a hard time accepting is listening to a sports announcer, writer or host (and God there are way too many) who knows less than me. I tune in to be challenged and enlightened. So, whenever I hear some putz I tune out.

All I ask is the person behind the mic knows more than me.

I feel the same way about politics. I can't stand listening to someone who clearly is out of their intellectual element. Nor I'm much interested in watching a political rookie learn the ropes on my dime. I expect my leaders to be wiser and, yes, even smarter than me.

Alas, this is not always the case.

Question: Should we increase the barriers to entry as to what is required from our politicians?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.