2011-05-30

Too Many Rules

Without question if there was less excessive regulation and taxes GDP would be higher.

Cripes, I see it in my own bottom line. So much time and money wasted dealing with useless red tape.

Again, if you don't run a business, you can't possibly know. You're likely to think it's all perfectly normal. After all, business people are greedy and out to "git ya."

Now that I passed the provinvial inspections, the municipal inspectors are expected to come. They come with a completely different code. I wouldn't be surprised if they ask me to change something incongruent to the provincial codes - and then I will be stuck in the middle fighting to bring common sense back to the mix.

Think I'm exaggerating? Wait until I tell you the story of "the bathroom" one day. That issue can still cost me thousands.

***

It's not just with the government. Even major corporations (mostly because of laws) are mired in cult of red tape.

I tend to believe Steyn's position. We're choosing to decline.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.