2011-07-29

Girl On A Bike

I was driving along a small, residential street. So small I had to go under 30 km/h. Little girls on their bikes were practically keeping up with me thanks to the construction around these parts. I was drove along I had to keep my eye on a biker to my right. I calculated well before the stop sign she'd be turning left given the school was on my left. I watched her carefully as she looked straight away not once looking to her left (meaning me) to see if there were any cars. We approach the stop and sure enough that's exactly what she did. Diagonally cut across me a couple of feet before the sign without looking. The only reason she didn't get hit was A) because I don't panic when there are idiotic people on the road because I'm constantly thinking for idiots and B) I slowed down way before the stop taking no chances.

Man, when we were kids it was blitzed and bludgeoned into our heads to constantly look up in all directions while we biked or walked. Today, those damn "smart" phones (ironic, no?) are distracting kids to the point of danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.