2011-08-17

Back From Maine

Back from Maine, which means I gets to badgers yous alls.

I don't have that much to say except the usual when I get back from New England: Americans with French names are proud of their French-Canadian background, signage can be found in French as far out as New Hampshire (whereas no English on Quebec highways; it's the law), and the roads are infinitely better on the other side of the border.

I paid close attention this time around to the roads. It's been a major complaint among Quebecers about the state of our roads and quite frankly I agree with it. Overall, our roads are a disgrace.

Driving through the Lafontaine induces vomit. I can't believe we tolerate that crap.

And the bridges. Wow. What more can be said? I don't trust anything with a bridge anymore; let alone the Champlain bridge. All Quebecers drive with one eye up each time they drive under one. Meanwhile, more bullshit commissions are called to state the obvious.

Our infrastructure is decrepit and an embarrassment.

There. I said it for everyone.

Time to call a spade a spade.

But.

But, we have a "green" city with neat bike lanes now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mysterious and anonymous comments as well as those laced with cyanide and ad hominen attacks will be deleted. Thank you for your attention, chumps.